DOD Dash Camera RC500S Dual Channel
The DOD RC500S is a full HD 1080p Dual Channel Dash Camera with 1080p Full HD Ultra-Wide Video Recording capabilities on both video channels.
This dash camera comes packed with all of DOD's best features and more, such as a SONY Exmor sensor that captures full 1080p HD video through its large f/1.6 aperture 6-element Japanese glass lens for a crisp clear image. The camera also includes ISO sensitivity of up to ISO12800 for superior low light and night time video recording. The built in 10Hz GPS processor enables drivers to capture speed and location with accuracy. To top the features of this camera off, Wi-Fi connectivity makes for easy setup and playback using the DOD mobile app.
This camera setup comes with a 32GB Class10 MicroSD Card, which is good for 4 Hours Front & Rear Recording on 1080p@30fps. You can either record at a lower resolution to allow for more hours of footage, or alternatively purchase a 128GB MicroSD Card to increase from 4 Hours to 16 Hours.
- Dual Full HD @ 30FPS: Capture the most critical details with 1080P recording. With high quality video, you can see every moment in detail for when you need it most.
- Expanded ISO Range up to ISO 12800: With an increased ISO range of up to 12800, your night time vision remains superb and still holds the clarity required for capturing important details. See how the DOD compares with other top of the line dash cams here.
- Advanced WDR Technology Stunning Video in Any Light: WDR, or Wide-Dynamic-Range, creates a well balanced exposure for all conditions. It makes your night shots brighter, whilst also reducing strong exposure from light to achieve the most crystal clear video.
- Large f/1.6 Aperture with Super Low-Light Performance: A larger aperture means you allow more light into the camera, which provides enhanced night time vision recording. DOD features the largest aperture available on the market.
- 145° Ultra Wide View Angle: DOD cameras incorporate a 145° Wide View Angle so all of the details are captured on screen. Many incidents can occur on the side of the screen, and with a smaller angle you may not record the details you require.
- WiFi Connectivity: Connect to your DOD camera seamlessly with the mobile application available on both iPhone and Android systems. Control your device in the palm of your hand and adjust any settings you require.
- Free DOD Smartphone Application: The DOD Smartphone Application is available on both iPhone and Android systems, giving you the best of both worlds. In the DOD App, you can adjust settings, playback footage and even save files to your phone. Having access to your DOD camera has never been easier.
- Speed Camera Alerts: Don't get caught while you are out on the road; DOD will alert you to nearby fixed speed cameras so that you can avoid any nasty traps.
- Parking Surveillance Mode: Ensuring your peace of mind by recording continuously even when you have parked and left your car alone. If an unusual bump or event is recorded, this will be locked to your MicroSD card to be viewed later. Hardwire Kit required to enable functionality.
- 10Hz Speed GPS Processor: Speed and location are some of the most important factors in an incident. With a faster GPS in your dash cam, never worry about poor connectivity again.
- G-Sensor Automatic Trigger for File Protection: The in-built, high quality G-Sensor will trigger event files when in the event of sudden-braking or a crash. These files will be locked to the card and be unable to be overwritten.
- Manual File-lock: Important event files are locked and kept securely, requiring manual deletion only. Critical moments can be safely locked to the SD card to prevent important files from being overwritten.
- Automatic Recording and Shutdown: DOD incorporates automatic recording and shutdown technology, which means your camera will shut down when you turn your car off, similarly when your vehicle is switched on, recording will being automatically.
- Loop Recording: As a standard, all DOD cameras feature loop recording, eliminating the need of removing the MicroSD card for formatting and clearing the card. Your oldest (non-event locked) file will be removed and overwritten with a new one.
- Front RC500S Camera
- Rear RC500S Camera
- 32GB MicroSD Card
- Vehicle Power Cable
- 6 Metre Rear Camera Cable
- 3M Adhesive Mounts
- Polariser CPL Filter
- User Guide
- Warranty Card
Check out the sample footage below!
Tools Required: Basic Tools
Time of Install: About 1 Hour
Level of Difficulty: Moderate
- Make: DOD
- Model: RC500S
- Sensor: Sony Starvis CMOS Sensor (Front and Rear)
- Lens: 6 Element glass lens, f/1.6, Up to ISO 12800
- View Angle: Front: 145° diagonal viewing angle, Rear: 140° diagonal viewing angle
- Maximum Video Resolution: 1920x1080@30fps (Front and Rear)
- G-Sensor: 3 Axis G Sensor
- Outputs: Wi-Fi via the "DOD Dashcam" App
- GPS: Included
- Audio: Mic and Speaker (Mono) Equipped
- Video Format: .MOV
- Storage: Micro SDHC/SDXC Class 10 up to 128GB maximum (32GB Included) - Sandisk cards are NOT supported.
- Power: 12-24V Car Charger outputting DC 5V 1.5 Amp for Dash Cam
- Operating Temp: -20 Degrees Celsius to +65 Degrees Celsius
- Other Features: Supercapacitor, Wide Dynamic Range, Date stamped video, Motion detection, Event Recording, Password Protection.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
DOD Warranty Terms
Parts & Accessories: 6-months
For more information please visit DOD Website
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Mustang Motorsport users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.