Steeda has been building Cold Air Intakes for Ford performance vehicles longer than any other company!
Steeda ProFlow Mustang Cold Air Intake for your S550 opens up the intake system of Ford's 5.0 powerplant and allows it to breathe much more freely than the stock intake system allows, taking your S550 Mustang GT to the next level of performance. Steeda's engineers utilized the OE cold air feed and a large surface area high-flow nano-fiber air filter, added our famous 'racetested' velocity stack entry and then designed an advanced heat shield with a durable rubber gasket to seal the shield against the vehicle's hood. Steeda's precision CNC mass air housing provides the cleanest mass air signal on the market, resulting in smooth off-throttle to on-throttle response. Steeda's S550 CAI utilizes a removable restrictor which allows you to benefit from immediate hp/tq gains, without a tune! If you're looking to squeeze out even more power from Steeda's S550 cold air intake, we offer a tune that allows you to run it without the restrictor.
Steeda's ProFlow S550 Mustang GT Cold Air Intake Comparison: Restrictor without Tune
In our cold air intake dyno shootout between Steeda, brand 'R' and brand 'A,' all of which have a restrictor in place without a tune, Steeda's S550 ProFlow Cold Air Intake dominated the competition putting down 414 rwhp and 387 ft/lb tq! This is a 22 hp and 18 ft/lb tq gain over our stock baseline dyno pull.
Dyno competitors comparison findings:
- Steeda CAI with restrictor and no tune: 414 rwhp and 387 ft/lb tq
- Brand 'R' CAI with restrictor and no tune: 404 rwhp and 375 ft/lb tq
- Brand 'A' CAI with restrictor and no tune: 403 rwhp and 373 ft/lb tq
- Over 22 rwhp and 18 ft/lb tq gain without a tune!
- Over 30 rwhp and 23 ft/lb tq gain with a tune!
- Does not get heat soaked like factory air box
- Cools to ambient temperature range significantly faster than the stock unit while producing more power
- Outperforms all other cold air intakes on the market today
- Easy bolt-in installation
- Retains sound tube and factory cold air ducting (also includes cap for sound tube elimination)
- Power increase at all RPM ranges, not just peak power
- Precision CNC mass air housing equals clean mass air signal resulting in smooth off-throttle to on-throttle acceleration
- Lower intake air temperatures (IAT) at cruise when compared to the competition
- Lifetime warranty
This limited warranty is the only express warranty applicable to Steeda Autosports products. Steeda is not responsible for any time for which you may lose the use of your vehicle, any inconvenience you might be caused, the loss of your transportation or any part thereof, or any other incidental or consequential damages you may have.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
CAI FitmentBy: Steve on 1 November 2019The instructions were clear and was easy to follow, important as this is the first time I have worked on one of these vehicles. All went well until fitting the intake to the new air box. It would not clip together properly due to the lip on the air box was distorted into a slight curve. Heating it with a heat gun, I was able to return it to it's proper shape. Once this was done it was easy to fit it in and plumb the hoses. Then came the hard part... removing th sound tube. Using the 10mm combo spanner it took over half an hour and is amost a " break your arm in 3 places job". Once out, plug the hole in the firewall and off we go