The Steeda Mustang Front Control Arm Bearing Kit eliminates deflection of the factory bushing which is extremely important in any performance application. Deflection in the factory bushings can cause all sorts of negative handling effects and geometry changes. You will notice increased chassis responsiveness upon installing Steeda's Front Control Arm spherical bearings. Steeda's spherical bearings stop your S550 from front end toe and caster changes during launching and braking. We use high precision custom Teflon-lined bearings to ensure smooth operation and prevent bind. This also increases the bearing's life and minimises the need for it to be replaced.
The spherical bearing's design, unlike most, will not increase NVH whatsoever so you are able to maintain factory ride quality. The high articulation spacers allow the spherical bearing to fully articulate and never bind. They are the highest articulation spacers on the market. 360-degree Spirolox retaining rings hold the bearing in place inside the housing and, once installed, the housing inside the control arm. Manufactured in Steeda's state of the art engineering facility in Valdosta, GA, the bearing housing is made from 6061-T6 aluminum and the spacers are made from 1018 steel, which is nickel-plated to prevent corrosion. Steeda even went the extra mile and included a 3-piece install and removal tool kit for making this job a breeze for the do-it-yourselfer with access to a press. Drag and Road Course tested, you will feel confident installing these on the front of your S550.
Remember when choosing Steeda, Speed Matters.
- Reduced deflection
- Reduces alignment change under loads
- Creates more predictable handling
- Billet aluminum housing and custom Teflon-lined spherical bearing
- Billet Steel Nickel Plated High articulation spacer
- NO NVH added!
- Lighter in weight than factory rubber bushing
- Highest articulation spacers for NO knocking with extreme suspension angles
- Removes the bind in the suspension to allow it to move freely
- 360-degree Spiralox retaining ring is stronger and offers more retention coverage than the competition
- Industry Exclusive billet aluminum installation and removal tools included
- Made in the USA
- Lifetime warranty
Tools Required: Basic Shop Tools and Hydraulic Press
Time of Install: 2 hours
Level of Difficulty: Medium